These scrumptious Peanut Butter Granola Apple Rings make the proper after-school snack or enjoyable dessert! Sliced apples drizzled with drippy peanut butter and sprinkled with do-it-yourself cinnamon pecan granola studded with chocolate chips!
This is a brilliant easy snack that I simply know your youngsters will love! We at all times have an over-abundance of apples in our home in the course of the fall so discovering artistic methods to make use of them is at all times a enjoyable process. These peanut butter granola apple rings are really easy to make and this do-it-yourself cinnamon pecan granola may simply be the most effective half! Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and cinnamon all tossed with pecans and chocolate chips. Then paired with candy apple slices and drippy peanut butter, I imply does it get any higher than that??
Components You may Want
- Apples – I personally love honeycrisp apples, however any kind of apples will do!
- Peanut butter – that is what permits the granola to stay to the apples and is a superb supply of protein. You would additionally use almond butter or every other nut butter
- Rolled oats – I used whole-grain quaint rolled oats for this recipe, simply be sure they’re licensed gluten-free if making GF granola!
- Maple syrup – naturally sweetens the granola and tastes unbelievable with the nice and cozy cinnamon taste! You would additionally use honey or different pure sweetener of selection
- Coconut oil – this helps get the granola good and crispy whereas giving it that lovely golden colour. You would additionally use olive oil or canola oil if that is all you will have readily available
- Cinnamon – the proper fall spice and tastes nice with apples
- Pecans – you possibly can additionally use walnuts, peanuts or every other kind of nuts
- Chocolate chips – that is fully elective, however who does not love a bit of chocolate along with your peanut butter? I used mini chocolate chips and blended them in with the granola because it was cooling in order that the chocolate might get barely melty
The right way to Make Granola Apple Rings
Essentially the most time-consuming a part of this entire recipe is making the do-it-yourself cinnamon pecan granola so if you do not have a lot time (or the components), be happy to only use store-bought granola!
- Combine components for granola. In a big bowl, combine collectively the oats, chopped pecans, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and cinnamon till every thing is all mixed. Then unfold the granola onto a big sheet pan lined with parchment paper in a pleasant even layer. Because it cools, toss with chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake the granola. Pop the sheet pan of granola within the oven at 325 levels F and bake for about 25 to half-hour, stirring the granola midway by.
- Slice the apples. Whereas the granola is within the oven, slice every apple into 4 even slices and utilizing an apple corer (or knife) make a gap within the middle of every slice.
- Assemble! Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl (or warmth in a small pot on the range) and warmth for about 20 to 30 seconds till peanut butter is clean and drippy. Drizzle the peanut butter over every apple slice and prime with crunchy granola. Take pleasure in!
Extra Apple Recipes You may Love
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 25 minutes
- Complete Time: 30 minutes
- 2 apples, cored and sliced into 8 rings
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter
- 1 cup cinnamon-pecan granola (see recipe under)
For the Cinnamon-Pecan Granola:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon floor cinnamon
- Mini chocolate chips (elective)
- To make the granola: Preheat oven to 325 levels F. In a big bowl, combine collectively the oats, pecans, maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon till every thing is all mixed. Unfold the granola onto a big sheet pan lined with parchment paper in a pleasant even layer.
- Bake at 325 levels F for 25 to half-hour or till golden brown, stirring midway by. When executed baking, let the granola cool fully on the pan. Be at liberty to sprinkle in some mini chocolate chips as soon as the granola is nearly cool (nonetheless barely heat) in order that the chocolate chips can get melty.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave-safe bowl (or warmth in a small pot on the range) and warmth for about 20 to 30 seconds till peanut butter is clean and drippy.
- Drizzle the peanut butter over every apple slice and prime with crunchy granola. Take pleasure in!
- Serving Measurement: 1 apple ring
- Energy: 189
- Sugars: 8.5 g
- Sodium: 32.2 mg
- Fat: 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 20.7 g
- Fibers: 3.8 g
- Proteins: 4.3 g
* Please notice that every one vitamin data are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.