This Cajun Sausage and Cauliflower Rice Skillet is loaded with peppers, onions, andouille rooster sausage and tender riced cauliflower seasoned to perfection with our do-it-yourself Cajun seasoning! The right low carb dinner for your loved ones!
If you happen to’re in search of a dish with TONS of taste then look no additional. This Cajun Sausage and Cauliflower Rice Skillet has the proper quantity of daring, zesty flavors to boost an in any other case boring cauliflower rice! I imply you’ll be able to’t go fallacious with this combination of andouille rooster sausage, bell peppers, onions, and garlic all sautéed along with my do-it-yourself cajun seasoning and tender cauliflower rice.
This can be a excellent low carb meal for busy weeknights as a result of this recipe is fast, tremendous EASY and makes scrumptious leftovers! The wonderful thing about cooking with cauliflower is that you could actually have enjoyable with quite a lot of seasonings since cauliflower by itself is fairly bland and tasteless so it takes on no matter flavors you throw at it.
Why You may Love this Recipe
- This whole meal is prepared in lower than half-hour.
- It is low carb (7 internet carbs), gluten-free, dairy-free and paleo.
- Loaded with veggies and tons of flavour.
- Made multi function pan for simple clean-up!
- Save time by buying frozen cauliflower rice, no must thaw!
Substances You may Want
- Cauliflower rice – you need to use recent or frozen store-bought riced cauliflower on this recipe or simply make your personal! (See under for extra directions)
- Andouille rooster sausage – I used this andouille rooster sausage, however any cajun-style sausage will work on this recipe
- Bell peppers – a mixture of pink and inexperienced bell peppers, however you need to use no matter coloured bell peppers you need on this
- Onions – you will want a 1/2 cup of white or yellow onion together with some chopped inexperienced onions for coloration
- Garlic – you need to use recent chopped garlic or minced garlic from the jar
- Hen broth – be happy to make use of rooster broth, vegetable broth or any shares you could have available. You possibly can additionally use water, however you will lose a few of the taste
- Cajun seasoning – I used this scrumptious do-it-yourself cajun seasoning
The best way to Rice Your Cauliflower
The perfect half about cauliflower rice is that you will discover it all over the place lately! I discover that it is actually a lot simpler to simply use store-bought riced cauliflower (both recent or frozen) straight from the bag since there is no giant chunks of cauliflower to fret about and the rice is uniform in dimension. You may after all rice your personal cauliflower, in case you’d desire! To do that, merely chop up one head of cauliflower into florets and place them within the bowl of a meals processor. Then simply pulse a number of instances till the cauliflower resembles grain-like “rice.” Relying on the dimensions of your meals processor, you might want to do that in batches. Simply watch out to not over-process the cauliflower as it will possibly grow to be mushy.
The best way to Make Cajun Cauliflower Rice Skillet
- Chop, chop, chop! Chop all of your veggies and slice up the andouille rooster sausage. If making your personal riced cauliflower, chop one head of cauliflower into florets and pulse in a meals processor till the cauliflower resembles “rice.” It’s also possible to use recent store-bought riced cauliflower or a frozen bag of riced cauliflower.
- Cook dinner the sausages. Warmth 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth and prepare dinner the andouille rooster sausage till browned and cooked by way of, about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Saute the greens. Add the chopped onion and bell peppers and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, till softened. Add within the garlic and prepare dinner for an extra 30 seconds.
- Add in cauliflower rice. Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet together with the rooster (or vegetable broth) and 1 tablespoon of cajun seasoning, mixing properly. Let the cauliflower prepare dinner for about 5 to six minutes till softened. Make sure that to not cowl the pan as steaming the riced cauliflower will make it mushy. Flip the warmth off, combine within the inexperienced onions, and revel in!
Can I Use Frozen Cauliflower Rice?
! I am an enormous fan of retaining luggage of frozen cauliflower rice in my freezer to make use of any time I wish to whip up a fast dinner or I am in a pinch. No must thaw the frozen cauliflower rice both earlier than cooking, you simply wish to be certain any giant clumps are damaged up earlier than dumping it out onto your scorching skillet.
Prepping and Storage
This sausage and cauliflower rice will final for 3 to 4 days saved in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge. Sadly I don’t suggest freezing this meal as the feel of cooked cauliflower rice adjustments after being frozen and doesn’t maintain up properly.
Extra Cauliflower Recipes You may Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Complete Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces andouille rooster sausage, sliced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 pink bell pepper, chopped
- 1 inexperienced bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups riced cauliflower, recent or frozen
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 cup rooster (or vegetable) broth or inventory
- 1/4 cup inexperienced onions, chopped
- Warmth olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high warmth and prepare dinner andouille rooster sausage till browned and cooked by way of, about 6 minutes.
- Add the onion and bell peppers and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes, till softened. Add the garlic and prepare dinner for an extra 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet together with the rooster broth and cajun seasoning, mixing properly. Let the cauliflower prepare dinner for five to six minutes, till softened. Make sure that to not cowl the pan as steaming the riced cauliflower will make it mushy.
- Flip the warmth off, combine within the inexperienced onions and revel in!
*It will final for 3 to 4 days saved in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge. I don’t suggest freezing this meal as the feel of cooked cauliflower rice adjustments after being frozen and doesn’t maintain up properly.
- Serving Measurement: 1 1/2 cups
- Energy: 193
- Sugars: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 488.7 mg
- Fat: 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 12 g
- Fibers: 5 g
- Proteins: 11.7 g
* Please notice that each one vitamin info are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.