[#KPOPCON6] Philippine KPOP Dance Battle Year 6
The most-anticipated dance contest in the Kpop fandom is back – the Philippine KPOP Dance Battle is now on its 6th year and we are in search of the best of the best performers in the country who will take home the ultimate bragging rights.
Mechanics: (All necessary info are here. Please read thoroughly. Anyone from the Philippines who will attend the event can join the competition.)
1. The dance contest is open to groups consisting of 4-16 members and may be made up of all males or females or a combination of males and females. They do not necessarily have to be a cover group, but this competition is open to cover groups as well. If you’re a group of friends who just LOVES to dance, this contest is for YOU!
2. Shoot a video of your audition piece.
– Start with a short introduction or a welcome message from your group (30 seconds max)
– The dance piece may be a mash-up of Kpop and non-Kpop songs, as long as 80% of the music is Korean
– Minimum of 3 1/2 minutes, maximum of 5 minutes
– This will serve as the group’s audition video
IMPORTANT: This should be a video specifically shot for this audition. Videos from past performances will not be considered.
ALSO IMPORTANT: Only one (1) dance/cover group per individual. One person joining two or more groups is STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED.
3. Upload your video on Youtube with the title format “[KCON6] Dance Battle Audition – GROUP NAME” and make sure you set the privacy settings to UNLISTED.
4. Please fill up this form: http://bit.ly/KCON6dancebattle
Online audition starts on November 15, 2014 12nn and ends on December 18, 2014 8pm.
5. Criteria for judging are as follows:
10% Costume and “stage presence”
6. The finalists will be competing and performing at the 6th Philippine Kpop Convention on December 28, 2014 at the SMX Halls 1&2. The number of finalists will be dependent on the number of auditionees.
1. Finalists must be willing to go to the venue on December 27 for the rehearsal and briefing. They must also be willing to attend an earlier rehearsal should there be a joint stage.
2. Finalists may opt to use their audition piece or perform a new routine, as long as it’s still within the allotted time of 3.5-5 minutes. The final music must be emailed to the organizers 1 week before the event.
3. Any changes in the line-up of members automatically disqualifies the group (unless one member cannot make it due to unforeseen circumstances). MEMBERS MUST BRING VALID IDs on the competition day. Performances beyond 5 minutes also automatically disqualify the contestants.
4. Criteria for judging are as follows:
20% Costume and stage presence
10% Audience impact
The judges’ decision is final and cannot be appealed.
5. There will be one (1) runner up and one (1) champion for the Philippine Kpop Dance Battle Year 6.
PRIZES FOR THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON. Furthermore, the opening acts who will be performing in the morning will be selected from the auditionees.
Good luck, everyone! May the best dance crew win!
//For any questions, please leave a comment at the comments section//
THE 6TH PHILIPPINE KPOP CONVENTION
by PKCI and PULP Live World
December 28, 2014
SMX Halls 3&4 (Mall of Asia)
NOTICE: ANY COPYING, republication or redistribution of written content is expressly PROHIBITED. To share, please link back to this page. Thank you.
November 14th, 2014