[#KPOPCON8] Kpop Kosplay Year 8
Kpop Kosplay is back on its 8th year and you could be this year’s Kosplay superstar!
(All necessary info’s are here. Please read thoroughly. Anyone from the Philippines who will attend the event can join the competition.)
1. This contest is open to everyone, male or female, solo or group.
IMPORTANT: Only Kpop artists are allowed to be cosplayed. K-drama and K-movie characters are not, unless they are portrayed by a Kpop artist like the idol casts of Dream High, EXO-K’s Baekhyun and IU on Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, Suzy on Uncontrollably Fond, or Onew on DOTS.
2. Prepare a photo of the artist/group that you will be portraying (in the same costume/outfits that you’ll be wearing). Make sure the photo is not pixelated. This will be the basis of the judges for the finals on the “runway”. No need to send your photo wearing the said costume.
Sample photo for Solo:
Sample photo for Group:
3. Contestants must pre-register online to be able to join. Please fill up this form: http://pkci.org/kcon8kosplay8form
Slots are LIMITED. Registration is open until December 3, 11:59 PM but we will close the registration once the slots are filled, whichever comes sooner.
4. A confirmation email will be sent by the admin near the event date (not automatically, until around the 2nd week of December), which the confirmed contestant has to print out and present at the event. This will serve as the contestant’s entry form. Contestants must shoulder their own admission fees.
5. Each kosplayer/contestant/group will be given approximately 30 seconds for their walk. Music will be generic and will be provided by the organizers.
6. Costumes must not be too revealing, and extreme form of fanservice deemed inappropriate for minors are prohibited. The Philippine KPOP Convention team has the right to disqualify any contestants who ignore and/or violate any of the aforementioned guidelines.
7. On the date of the event, each confirmed contestant must submit the printed out confirmation email at the registration table, to receive his/her contestant number. Confirmed contestants must also be willing to go at an earlier call time before the program proper, for the rehearsals/last minute briefing, if need be.
8. Criteria for judging are as follows:
- 50% Accuracy of Kpop artist/group portrayed
- 40% Overall presentation and stage presence
- 10% Audience impact
The judges’ decision is final and cannot be appealed.
9. In any case of a tie amongst winners, kosplayers will be called back onstage and will be given another 20 seconds to do the catwalk, as the judges re-examine their get-up.
10. There will be one (1) runner up and one (1) champion for the Kpop Kosplay Year 8 SOLO category and one (1) runner up and one (1) champion for the Kpop Kosplay Year 8 GROUP category.
* You may join both the Kpop Idol Look-Alike Contest 2016 and the Kpop Kosplay year 8 competitions but should you win the Look-Alike contest, you will not be qualified to join this one anymore…
** Individuals may only join EITHER Solo or Group. Participants cannot join two categories.
Pre-registration starts on November 4, 12:00 PM and will be open until December 4, 11:59PM or until the slots are filled, whichever comes sooner.
PRIZES FOR THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
November 3rd, 2016