[#KPOPCON6] Kpop Kosplay Year 6
UPDATE: AS OF NOVEMBER 24 2014, 12pm: SOLO KOSPLAY REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED.
Kpop Kosplay is back on its 6th year and you could be this year’s Kosplay superstar!
(All necessary info are here. Please read thoroughly. Anyone from the Philippines who will attend the event can join the competition.)
1. This contest is open to everyone, male or female, solo or group.
IMPORTANT: Only Kpop artists are allowed to be cosplayed. K-drama and K-movie characters are not, unless they are portrayed by a Kpop artist like Hoya/Eunji/Seo In Guk of Reply 1997, Kim Jaejoong of Time Slip Dr. Jin, Lee Jungshin of The Blade and Petal, Super Junior’s characters in Attack on the Pin-Up Boys, etc.
2. Prepare a photo of the artist/group that you will be portraying (in the same costume/outfits that you’ll be wearing). Make sure the photo is not pixelated. This will be the basis of the judges for the finals on the “runway”. No need to send your photo wearing the said costume.
Sample photo for Solo:
Sample photo for Group:
3. Contestants must pre-register online to be able to join. Please fill up this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1TRDRvUNv7Vs2q7lVhXziX_UguFeBToh4g0fZvNX-HOU/viewform
Slots are LIMITED. Registration is open until December 1, 2014 11:59 am but we will close the registration once the slots are filled, whichever comes sooner.
4. A confirmation email will be sent by the admin near the event date (not automatically, until around the 2nd week of December), which the confirmed contestant has to print out and present at the event. This will serve as the contestant’s entry form.
5. Each kosplayer/contestant will be given approximately 10 seconds for their walk (no dance or elaborate skit allowed) for their preliminary walk on Stage 2. After the preliminary walk, the judges will get 10 solo finalists and 5 group finalists, who will join the final walk on the main stage.
6. Costumes must not be too revealing, and extreme form of fanservice deemed inappropriate for minors are prohibited. The Philippine KPOP Convention team has the right to disqualify any contestants who ignore and/or violate any of the aforementioned guidelines.
7. On the date of the event, each confirmed contestant must submit the printed out confirmation email at the registration table, to receive his/her contestant number. Confirmed contestants must also be willing to go at an earlier call time before the program proper, for the rehearsals/last minute briefing, if need be. (You may look for Justin or Calvin)
8. Criteria for judging are as follows:
- 50% Accuracy of Kpop artist/group portrayed
- 40% Overall presentation and stage presence
- 10% Audience impact
The judges’ decision is final and cannot be appealed.
9. In any case of a tie amongst winners, kosplayers will be called back onstage and will be given another 20 seconds to do the catwalk, as the judges re-examine their get-up.
10. There will be one (1) runner up and one (1) champion for the Kpop Kosplay Year 6 SOLO category and one (1) runner up and one (1) champion for the Kpop Kosplay Year 6 GROUP category.
* You may join both the Kpop Idol Look-Alike Contest 2014 and the Kpop Kosplay year 6 competitions but should you win the Look-Alike contest, you will not be qualified to join this one anymore…
** Individuals may only join EITHER Solo or Group. Participants cannot join two categories.
Pre-registration starts on November 20, 2014 1pm and will be open until December 1, 2014 11:59am or until the slots are filled, whichever comes sooner.
PRIZES FOR THE WINNERS WILL BE ANNOUNCED SOON.
THE 6TH PHILIPPINE KPOP CONVENTION
by PKCI and PULP Live World
December 28, 2014 10am-10pm
SMX Halls 3&4 (Mall of Asia)
November 20th, 2014